Acceptable Use Policy
Revision date: 05/07/2016
The actions individual users take using our email marketing platform can have a big impact on our system as a whole, this effects all of us. That’s why all Client Book CRM users must follow this Acceptable Use Policy in their use of Client Book CRM to send email marketing campaigns. If you violate this policy, we may suspend, investigate, and/or terminate your account.
You may not use Client Book CRM to send any offensive messages or content, to promote anything illegal products or content, or to harass any persons or organizations.
You may not send:
• Emails offering to sell illegal goods or services
• Emails that violate CAN-SPAM Laws
• Pornography, obscene, or sexually explicit content
In order to maintain the highest delivery rates possible for all our customers, we can’t allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content to send email campaigns from Client Book CRM:
• Escort and dating services
• Pharmaceutical products
• Work at home, make money online, and lead/sales generation opportunities
• Gambling related services or products
• Multi-level or Affiliate marketing
• Get out of debt opportunities or credit repair services
• Selling clicks, “Likes” , followers, or any other type of engagement for a social media platform or website.
Certain types of content may cause higher abuse rates than average. Generally, hard bounce rates should be under 5%, and spam complaint rates should be less than 0.1%. For that reason, we may review, investigate, suspend, throttle, or terminate accounts that exceed these rates and/or offer the following services, products, or content:
• Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
• Daily horoscope reports
• Mortgages and loans
• Nutritional, herbal, and vitamin supplements
• Adult Entertainment/Novelty Items
• Real estate
Our team works long and hard to maintain a positive reputation for our system, but customers must do their part too. You cannot:
• Send Spam Of Any Kind. Spam can be in the form of bulk emails or one to one commercial emails. For bulk emails we use the definition by Spamhaus, “unsolicited bulk email.” For one to one commercial emails, we define spam as any message that violates CAN SPAM law.
• Put into your Email or Account any material that wasn’t created by you, provided for you to use, given to you with proper authorization to use, or that would violate anyone’s rights. This includes all content.
• Use any misleading or incorrect names, addresses, email addresses, subject lines, or other information in emails or web links in emails sent using our service.
• Share your Client Book CRM account information.
• Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software on Client Book CRM.
• Use any of the software on Client Book CRM to create a competing product.
• Use an outside unsubscribe process when sending bulk content via Client Book CRM without enforcing strict policies to either automatically or manually unsubscribe email addresses that have requested to be unsubscribed.
• Import, Input, or Incorporate any of the following information into Client Book CRM: Social Security numbers, passwords, or security credentials.
• Upload or send to purchased, rented, third-party, co-registration, publicly available data, or partner lists of any kind.